Head instructor: José Giraldes Tavares
José 'life profile':
- Committed with sports and environmental issues.
- Collects moments, not things. Pursues different perspectives & harmony in life.
- Book writer (published 9 books).
- First Portuguese to row solo over 1400 miles on open ocean (57 days, 2013-14).
- First Portuguese to ski down from an 8.000 meters peak (Cho Oyu, 2011).
- First Portuguese to kayak from Lisbon to Sagres (7 days, 1995).
- Stepped on 82 countries, popped on 99 islands, jumped in 47 lakes, crossed 3 oceans & 15 seas. Climbed more than 120 mountains & volcanoes, including the highest of 4 continents & the highest of every country in Europe.
- Has been a ski and kayak instructor for over 15 years; and a kayak, MTbike and trekking guide for longer.
José 'snow profile':
- Ski instructor (level 2/TD2, CEDI/Iundenia; AEPEDI & ISIA recognized)
- Snowboard instructor
- Instructor for Disabled skiers (Fundación Deporte y Desafío)
- Snowshoeing guide;
- Also practices: mountaineering, back-country skiing, telemarking
- 18 years of ski experience: Spain (Sierra Nevada), Argentina (Chapelco), Switzerland (Wengen) and Japan (Furano); attended giant slalom trainings with Franz Heinzer, former Lauberhorn descent race winner (1992 & 93); attended ski training sessions with Martin Neyman, Chapelco ski school director and former champion of the Red Bull White Hunt ski cross competition and with Isidoro Ruiz, Sierra Nevada; attended telemarking clinics at Sierra Nevada.
- Teaches in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, and Italian; All ski levels (beginners to intermediate snowboarding), both adults and kids, group or individual lessons.
- Nature and mountain lover. Adapts to the level of the pupils. Patient. Eco friend. Non-smoker.
José's personal web page: http://ze-tavares.blogspot.com
travel reports: http://aventuraaomaximo.blogspot.com/