We are a small and honest business formed by genuine mountain and nature lovers, qualified & dedicated to skiing, biking and hiking for more than a decade and half.
We try to be as environment friendly as possible and we want to pass on to you our enthusiasm, passion and knowledge about snow and mountain sports, in a safe way.
Snow Life’s motto is ‘Quality of teaching and Safety’, also dedicating attention to the Amusement aspect; our vision and commitment is to achieve Results and Satisfaction. For this, besides several years of experience, the head instructor and others to hire, will have at least the title of Técnico Deportivo de Esquí (TD2, or level 2 of the 3 consecrated in the Spanish law), conferred by any officially recognized training center, or equivalent.
Mp 0034 668580665
What’s App 0034 652909072
Head instructor: José Giraldes Tavares
José 'life profile':
- Committed with sports and environmental issues.
- Collects moments, not things. Pursues different perspectives & harmony in life.
- Book writer (published 9 books).
- First Portuguese to row solo over 1400 miles on open ocean (57 days, 2013-14).
- First Portuguese to ski down from an 8.000 meters peak (Cho Oyu, 2011).
- First Portuguese to kayak from Lisbon to Sagres (7 days, 1995).
- Stepped on 82 countries, popped on 99 islands, jumped in 47 lakes, crossed 3 oceans & 15 seas. Climbed more than 120 mountains & volcanoes, including the highest of 4 continents & the highest of every country in Europe.
- Has been a ski and kayak instructor for over 15 years; and a kayak, MTbike and trekking guide for longer.
José 'snow profile':
- Ski instructor (level 2/TD2, CEDI/Iundenia; AEPEDI & ISIA recognized)
- Snowboard instructor
- Instructor for Disabled skiers (Fundación Deporte y Desafío)
- Snowshoeing guide;
- Also practices: mountaineering, back-country skiing, telemarking
- 18 years of ski experience: Spain (Sierra Nevada), Argentina (Chapelco), Switzerland (Wengen) and Japan (Furano); attended giant slalom trainings with Franz Heinzer, former Lauberhorn descent race winner (1992 & 93); attended ski training sessions with Martin Neyman, Chapelco ski school director and former champion of the Red Bull White Hunt ski cross competition and with Isidoro Ruiz, Sierra Nevada; attended telemarking clinics at Sierra Nevada.
- Teaches in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, and Italian; All ski levels (beginners to intermediate snowboarding), both adults and kids, group or individual lessons.
- Nature and mountain lover. Adapts to the level of the pupils. Patient. Eco friend. Non-smoker.
José's personal web page: http://ze-tavares.blogspot.com
travel reports: http://aventuraaomaximo.blogspot.com/